We’re looking for someone passionate about women’s sports to produce Benched: our podcast aiming to improve female visibility in collegiate sports and create a place to share stories of female student-athletes or women in sports. You’ll be working directly with our host to produce each episode and learn about the entire podcast process, from creating ideas and finding guests to editing the final product. If you’re an organized and creative mind with a commitment to sports, diversity, and culture, you’ll be an excellent fit.
- Develop, conceive and execute original podcast content from ideation through publication.
- Research story ideas.
- Plan and lead weekly team meetings and brainstorm sessions.
- Organize episode flow and create questions to tell the best story.
- Monitor and track progress of each stage of the episode while ensuring on-time deliverables.
- Edit Benched podcast using Adobe Audition for release on Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
- Meet and collaborate with Assistant Producer for all creative materials.
- Write title, description, intro and outro for each episode; choose and create sound bytes to be used in
- Work cross-departmentally with social media team, public relations team and graphic design team to
request and ensure timely deliverables and content releases for each episode.
- Review and make recommendations for changes to youtube episode segments, release graphics and
- Proficiency in and/or willing to learn Adobe Premiere and Adobe Audition.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams and provide/accept constructive criticism.
- Knowledge of AP Style.
- Experience in leadership/project management.
- Experience with creatively telling stories.
- Knowledge of social and streaming platforms, accompanying formats and best practices.